How to Update the Kiwi Lane Checklist App
The Kiwi Lane Checklist App is updated every 2 months. If your app has not shown any updates since last year, you will probably need to delete it and reinstall it. For some reason, Android users seem to be having this problem. Here are some other steps you can take to make reinstalling easier.
How to update for Apple
If your phone was plugged into a power source, you should see that your app was updated automatically. If not, you will need to go into your App Store and click the update button.
How to update for Android
Most phones need to be plugged into a power source for any automatic updates to happen.
- Open your app and if for some reason it did not update, first check in the Google Play store if you can manually update.
- For those whose app does not update automatically, you may need to delete the app and reload it. Yes, you will have to add back in your checklist information, but we have added a fix so that you don't need to do this every time. So please write it down this time and then follow the steps below. There are also steps in the app when you click on these buttons on how to do it.
How to back up and restore the checklist
- Go into your app, and at the bottom, you should see a "Backup Data" tab and a "Restore Data" tab.
- You can click on the Backup Data tab to email yourself the backup file. You will use the data in the backup file in the restore process.
- Then you need to delete the app. Go to Google Play or App Store and reinstall the app.
- After reinstalling the app, you can restore the data using the backup file that was emailed to you by following the steps below.
- Click on the file from your phone to open it. The data will be in the email body, so you need to copy the entire string of data beginning with <?xml version="1.0"?> and ending with </ArrayOfProduct>
- Click on the Restore Data button to open up the restore screen.
- Paste the data into the text box.
- Click Restore Data.
You will receive a message when the restore is complete. It's pretty quick. If you run into issues with this process, please email email@example.com to let us know so we can look into other solutions for you if necessary.